Jontrell is really a sweet kid. He mostly wants to be a "good boy" (He LOVES it when you call him a good boy!) He gets sad for his mom and GG (we're assuming that's grandma?), but we're able to comfort him.
His main issues are with bedtime and going to day care.
At bedtime, I put him to bed sound asleep and as soon as his head hits the pillow its a HUGE crying fit. I rest with him for a little bit and it doesn't seem to help. And worst off, I think he was used to binkis and would cry for them. It had been a few nights in when I realized what he was asking for...I figured we'd made it this long without a binki we weren't going to add them in now! BUT last night night going to bed wasn't too bad. He still cried, but it wasn't for long and it wasn't as loud!
I don't think Jontrell has had much interaction with other kids. He isn't excited to go to daycare...its usually a sad sight to leave him in the mornings. But this morning he went to his teacher and said "bye-bye" to me. No tears! :)
Its great seeing him making such progress in just a week! We hope he can stay with us for a while...we haven't heard anything from CPS one way or the other about how long he'd be with us. Its frustrating not to know anything, but I guess that's life. We're just taking it one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment