Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gone

We were told yesterday that Sean had a court date today and he would be leaving to go live with his Aunt and Uncle on Friday.  I got a text today about noon asking when we'd be home CPS could come by and pick up Sean's stuff. 

So that's it.  No goodbye.  Maybe its easier this way.  Maybe actually saying goodbye would have been harder.  Its still tough not to have the choice.

We've known it would happen, but now that its here, its really tough!  How do you not become attached to these children?  There's no way to not let them into your hearts when you bathe them, feed them, protect them and teach them.  I think we're just going to have to live through this heartache with each of these kids.  I hope we get a forever child soon. :)

I keep thinking about it from Sean's perspective.  He was taken from his family...and then with us for 6 weeks and now with other family.  This poor child has to be so confused.  We just keep praying for his safety and well being.  I have to have faith that he's going where he needs to be and his family will take care of him. 

I think the hardest part of all of it, is knowing we're never going to see him again.  This foster care stuff is hard! 

We have a week long vacation 4th of July week, so we're going to wait to get any placements until after that.

1 comment:

  1. He has something that many of those CPS kids don't have, a family that is still praying for him! He will be ok because of that. You guys are amazing to be able to handle this wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete