We have just loved having Sean in our home!! He's such a good boy and soooo sweet! He loves to cuddle and is now leaning into kisses and even gave me a kiss on his own yesterday. We are loving this boy!
We were told he'd be with us for 4-6 weeks. We are hoping it could be forever, but are prepping that it might even be shorter. Sounds like this will be our life right now. This emotional rollercoaster. But we're doing good with it all so far. We're just excited to have him in our home.
Saturday we went to the zoo with Sean and my mom. He liked being there, but didn't notice the animals too much. He enjoyed the petting zoo...I on the other hand hate the petting zoo!! But I toughed it out!
I made the mistake of singing I am a Child of God to him. I had it playing and I just lost it! I became very emotional...so instead of singing it, I just held him. Its so hard what these children have to go through...none of this is his fault and its so unfair he had to be born to these circumstances. I just have to remember that we can only do what we can and while he's with us. We will keep him safe, healthy and happy.
Bath time is now a fun time for him. It probably took him 3 baths before he started playing in the water. Thanks to Marian we have some fun bath toys (and many other fun toys...thanks Marian!!) and he loves to bathe! Washing his hair is still a struggle, but he's not screaming as much.
He's become very attached to me. He cries when I leave the room. Its a hard struggle because I don't want him upset, but he needs to realize he can come follow me...not just throw a fit. The honeymoon period is ending and he's getting a bit more fussy.
I keep waiting for things to get hard...things have just been falling into place...we can't complain about this little guy!
I am seriously in tears right now. I'm so happy for you and also a little sad about all of the hardships you still have to go through. You are a fantastic mom - one day and you've already proven that!
ReplyDeleteAnd he is SUPER adorable!
DeleteHe is super adorable! :) Can you see how there's no way we couldn't be in love with him!?
DeleteI I am so excited for you guys... Including little Sean! What a blessing in his life to have loving, kind, generous foster parents! He is so cute! Its gonna be an amazing adventure. And even tho it might not be permanent, you are giving him stability that will plant a seed in his heart for what life SHOULD be like!
ReplyDeleteYou two are such a gift to him!!!! Love that you have this blog.
ReplyDeletehe's such a cutie. you two are amazing & will bless this little guys' life {and all the future foster kids you will have} in more ways than you will even know, i'm sure. so happy for you guys! love ya!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about the many little children out there who have come into situations where no child should have to be, but for them it becomes "normal". It is a great thing you are doing--one that requires all your compassion and love. I can tell you have a real "mother-heart". Can't think of anything more unselfish to be doing. Love you two!
ReplyDelete